Easy Roasted Vegetable Pizza
Vegetable Pizza Toppings don’t need to be bland! Roasting the veggies before adding them to the pizza, gives them more depth of flavor and turns your homemade pizza into a gourmet dinner!
This easy Roasted Vegetable Pizza makes a delicious dinner your whole family will love. Instead of a traditional pizza dough, I used a naan – an Indian flatbread – as my pizza base, topped it with tomato sauce and a mix of vegetable pizza toppings.
Before you start to think that this is just another veggie pizza, I want to stress that these are not your mommy’s vegetable pizza toppings! I used balsamic roasted veggies instead. If you’ve been looking for unique pizza topping ideas, this recipe is for you!
This gourmet pizza recipe is very versatile. You can use any flatbread you like (pita bread maybe?) or any pizza base, really. You can easily adapt this recipe with seasonal veggies – think pumpkin and sweet potatoes in winter, zucchini and eggplant in summer or any veggies you have in your fridge.
My boyfriend preferred his Gourmet Roasted Vegetables Pizza topped with cheese and I liked mine better without. Your call!
As I was doing some research on the perfect vegetable pizza toppings, I came across several articles and videos on roasting vegetables and realized I was doing it all wrong.
I thought I would share with you some of the tips I learned:
- First, you should always use a metal baking tray with low sides when roasting veggies. No glass pan. The metal will allow your veggies to cook evenly by diffusing the heat and the low sides will allow the steam to escape (because we don’t want steamed veggies!).
- Then, cut your veggies uniformly to ensure an even cooking and do not crowd the pan. Again, you don’t want to steam your veggies so they must have enough room to breathe.
- Finally, your oven must be super hot! Heat it to 500F/260C (or as hot as it will go) to get the deep flavor and crispy texture we all expect in from good vegetable pizza toppings.
And now you’re all set to go ahead and make this delicious Roasted Vegetables Pizza with the best ever vegetables pizza toppings!!
If you tried this Gourmet Pizza with Roasted Vegetable Pizza Toppings, don’t forget to rate the recipe below and let me know how it went in the comments – I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook for more deliciousness and behind-the-scenes!
Easy Roasted Vegetable Pizza
Vegetable Pizza Toppings don't need to be bland! Roasting the veggies before adding them to the pizza, gives them more depth of flavor and turns your homemade pizza into a gourmet dinner!
- 1 small green bell pepper chopped
- 2 eggplants small and long Lebanese eggplants, chopped
- 2 small zucchini peeled or not, chopped
- 1 onion peeled and sliced
- 4 artichoke hearts quartered
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig leaves only (or thyme, oregano...)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 naans or any flatbread or pizza base you like I used garlic and herbs naans
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce I used some passata
- 1/2 cup reduced fat mozzarella optional
Preheat oven to 500F/260C (or as hot as it will go)
Prepare vegetables and combine them in a large bowl. Add rosemary (or another fresh herb you like), lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Toss to cover the veggies (I used my hands, very efficient!).
Transfer onto a metal baking tray or baking sheet. Do not overcrowd your tray or the veggies will steam and not roast. Don't hesitate to do two batches if necessary (that's what I did).
Roast 15 minutes or until the veggies almost start to burn. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Reduce oven temperature down to 350F/180C.
Spread two tablespoons tomato sauce on each flatbread. Top generously with roasted veggies and sprinkle with mozzarella (cheese is optional). Bake 15 minutes and serve.