15-Minute Full Body Workout #2
October 19, 2016 2 Comments
A CrossFit-style strength training with a touch of cardio!
- Primary goal: strength
- Style: cross-training
- Duration: 15 minutes (+ warmup and stretching)
- Body parts targeted: full body
- Equipment: bodyweight + dumbbells (optional)
This workout has been developed with a certified personal trainer.
- 10 opposite arm/leg raises (on your knees for beginners, in a plank for intermediate and advanced)
- 10 leg flutters (one rep = 1 left leg kick + 1 right leg kick)
- 10 lunge step-ups (using dumbells for intermediate and advanced)
- 10 push ups
- 10 burpees
=> Repeat for 15 minutes, doing as many rounds as possible.
Cool down and stretching
- It is an AMRAP (As Many Reps as Possible) workout which means that you must try to do as many rounds as you can in 15 minutes, with as little rest as possible. The more rounds, the better but make sure you keep a good form to prevent injuries (check the videos I linked to if you’re not sure how to perform one of the exercices). Write down the number of rounds and aim to increase that number next time you doing this workout.
- How to decide which dumbbell weight to use: You must find the sweet spot between a weight that is challenging you but not so heavy that you can’t keep a proper form. Remember that the goal is to push yourself to the maximum, without injuring yourself. The exact weight you should use will vary greatly depending on your fitness level, your age and other parameters. Try a few different weights, and see how it feels. Over time, don’t forget to upgrade your weight when it starts to feel too easy.
- Because you can choose the weight you use, the pace, and modify some exercices, this workout is suitable for every fitness level. Remember that if it’s not challenging you, it’s not changing you! This workout should NOT feel like a walk in the park. It’s short but intense. You can do this girl!!
Let me know your time and how you did in the comments!