15-Minute Fat Blasting Full Body HIIT Workout #3
November 10, 2016 add a comment
HIIT (aka high intensity interval) workouts are my favorite way to train ever. In my opinion, HIIT workouts are by far the most efficient ones to lose body fat fast and build a strong heart. Not to mention they’re fun and never boring (no time to be bored anyway!). If you’re not familiar with HIIT, it’s a form of interval training, an exercise strategy alternating short periods of intense exercise with less-intense recovery periods. You can see an example with today’s workout. But in two words: IT WORKS!
- Goals: fat loss, strength, stability
- Style: cardio interval training, with strength components
- Duration: 15 minutes (+ warmup and stretching)
- Body parts targeted: full body
- Equipment: bodyweight + jump rope
This workout has been developed with a certified personal trainer.
Do each exercise for 45 seconds, rest for 15 seconds and move on to the next exercise (total time: 15 minutes).
- Surfer burpees
- Side plank pulses (left side)
- Combo skater to on the spot jump (as high as you can)
- Side plank pulses (right side)
- Reverse lunges
- Combo skater to tuck jump
- Push ups, alternating wide/narrow arms
- Sit ups using free weights
- Lateral side hops
- Mountain Climbers
- Superman planks
- 15 seconds of rest is basically just enough for you to quickly change your position and be ready for the next exercise. You need to be FAST! And that’s what so good about it. No time to capitulate, you just have to give yourself 100% and smash it! Think about how short 15 minutes really is and how great you’re going to feel after your session!
- For this workout, you will need an interval timer (it’s way too complicated to count in your head and you’ll probably be too gentle with yourself 😉 ). I’m using a free app on my phone called “Interval Timer” and it’s perfect for the job. You can download it from the App Store and it’s easy to use (I don’t know if they’re also on Android but I’m sure there’s an equivalent). Here’s how you should configure the timer for this workout:
Let me know in the comments below how you did!!